Benefits of Managed Print Services (MPS)
Reducing your costs and increasing your efficiency, is the core value of MPS.
Studies have shown that document printing costs are equal to approximately 2-3% of a company’s revenue, the same costs as IT expenditures, and by managing this expense, companies can produce savings of 10-35%. If you are not actively managing your print services, you are burning cash faster than you think.
Here are some examples of the costs and inefficiencies that need to be identified and corrected.
- The average office employee spends $15,000 a year on document output – an average of 10,000 pages per year. $704 annual waste per employee, that is $70,400 per 100 employees
- The optimum ratio of printing devices to employees is 1 to 10; the average is 1 to 4.
- The cost of printing continues to increase due to higher page volumes and increased use of color devices
- 40% of all IT Help desk calls are printer/copier related.
- The average printing device is in an error state 55% of the time.
This is what a good MPS program will do for you
- Save time and improve efficiency.
- Reduce costs and save money.
- Improve productivity in your organization.
- Give time back to your IT Department.
- No inventory costs – All supplies are provided.
- Eliminate capital expenditure and improve cashflow.
- Higher ROI – return on investment
- Reduce your environmental footprint.
- Improve your information security.